Old 24-05-2007, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Coverage of Chelsea

On 24/5/07 09:04, in article ,
"Draven" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

snip
While I do think the presentation of Chelsea has improved immeasurably
over
the past couple of years, I really don't understand why the programme
makers
are frightened of making it just about Chelsea and of putting plant names
on
screen.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Personally I wish they would show as many plants as possible with the names
on the screen.
No need for anyone to talk at all.

Must say I've been watching on BBC HD and the picture is breath taking.

We've got a telly that does do that/will do that. Do we have to do anything
in particular to 'switch on to it', or is it there already?! Daft question,
I know but I'm getting to the stage of needing a spare 5 year old around the
house to programme everything!
As far as coverage of Chelsea goes, the only thing that's going to improve
it is the reaction of the viewers at home. I may say that we felt precisely
the same about Spotlight South West's coverage of the Devon County Show.
They didn't once visit the Flower and Garden Show marquee nor AFAIK, the Dog
Show marquee. At the very end of the last day's coverage, they had some
silly 'cook off' contest involving 3 of the presenters and some local chefs.
The time could have been much better spent showing the missed aspects of the
Show including more of the food producers who were there. Instead, it was
the dreaded celebrity joshing and "let's all have larks together" stuff that
is just cringe-making, IMO.