Old 20-02-2003, 01:27 PM
GrampysGurl

Default garden pond virgin......

do goldfish clean the water? do they survive well in the winter? i live
in Texas, so the winters are usually a bit more mild, but it still gets
cold.

=will=

If you are in a really cold area like I in Connecticut you need to have the
pond be at least 2 foot deep and you also need to keep the ice open at least a
little for gas exchange. Not all fish, and not all goldfish can weather the
storm so to speak. I myself have all feeder fish and some of them have become
quite beautiful as they grew. I have some lovely fantails, a couple all white
ones and Buddha in her glory has become quite large )

Colleen Ann
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,