Old 24-05-2007, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Coverage of Chelsea

On 23 May, 12:31, Janet Tweedy wrote:
(snipette)

It was telling that the entire judging
panel was made up of Designers rather than horticulturalists and
similar.

Then this site is for you. All your questions answered and more.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/talkwales...d_220501.shtml

And in this month The Garden there's an article about Roy Keating
controller of BBC2. He's been asked lots of questions about our
favourite gardening programmes. In the September issue, The Garden
will do an article with Carol Klein and we are invited to ask her
questions for that issue especially. That's our chance to ask our
burning question, did she or did she not grow potatoes before the
programme .... ;o)

But if I may add, I wish we would not always assumed that garden
designers are not gardeners. Very often they are, many are architects
too and many are artists. I think the fusion of all, especially
gardeners and artists collaborations results in fantastic gardens.
Chelsea is trying to appeal to everyone, not only gardeners. And times
are changing ...