Old 25-05-2007, 12:50 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gareee© Gareee© is offline

Default Iris's blooming... Lillies are still catching up...

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
ups.com...
Gary,

Could you sink the trashcan in the ground to look better?

That's been my thought.. only issue is my "ground" is about 50% rock, and
digging can be pretty hard at times. the largest rock the graders pulled out
was about 6 ft square, and the largest I've personally dug out and been able
to maneuver around is about 3 ft square. They are great for landscaping, but
hell on the back.. LOL!

Only tentative plans now, is get a large square rubbermaid, fill it with the
air conditioning filter, maybe top that off with some of the marginals in
the pond, hoping they'll help, and then add the 4" pvc toilet output near
it's top to go back into the pond.

I did a water change about a week and a half ago, and it was clear for a few
days, but in even that short a time, that water's become full of suspended
particles, so I don't know how well the trashcan filter will even do.

Last year, I spent about $400-$500 getting the new pump, uv filter, and
additional plant hoping to get surface coverage and beat the greenwater, but
nothing helped at all. (Already checked water flow through the uv, pond
capacity, used the chemical strips to check Ph n such, and nothing at all
helped.

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)