Old 29-03-2003, 03:32 PM

Default Draining my garden pond

Go to Kmart and get a wave castle double outlet air pump. go to the pet store and
get LARGE airstones and air line. put the air pump into a zip lock bag under an
overturned flower pot. run the air lines to the ends of the pond and let the air
pump in there. sitting water goes bad. water with air injected into it will
normally clear up after a little while. if you got fish, they will eat the mosquito
larvae. if you dont and dont want a few fish, get mosquito "dunks". if you want
trouble free fish, get rosy reds, white clouds or guppies for the summer. they will
die in winter and you dont have to worry about over wintering them.
if there are leaves in the bottom of the pond, use a fish net on a pole to drag em
out if there are no fish in the pond. you could probably get a neighborhood kid to
do this for you for a few bucks. I cover my pond with netting to keep leaves out and
my koi in my pond.
If you are going to want real fish like GF or koi in there, you will need a pump and
filter. this is work. in a pond without fish you can still have water lilies and
other nice water plants. Ingrid

(Brenda) wrote:

Hi there my name is Taffy,

I have a garden pond of approx sizes of 8' x 10' which is full of
green slime. I need to drain the pond to refill it with clean water.
Has anyone got any suggestions and tips on how this can be achieved.
Please bear in mind that I am of a senior age and I don't want
anything too strenuous if possible.

Can anyone help!!
p.s. How can I prevent this from happening in the future.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.