Old 25-05-2007, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NikV NikV is offline

Default installng fence panels / moved pear tree

Finally managed to get hold of 3 larch lap panels (6x6) to replace 3
odd/broken woven (yuk) panels. They fit between concrete posts with slots
in. I assume that they need to be slid down from the top but I am puzzled
how to do this by myself given that the panel would need to be raised
vertical above the 2m fench - the slightest breeze is surely going to make
this difficult?

My latest plan is to clamp 2 4x2 4.8m long timbers to the posts with pulleys
at the top, lift the panels on slings/rope (all of wich I have) and allow
them to slide down -

I usually install close-boarded fenc but I dont want to replace the whole of
the fence, also the neighbours are less than cooperative despite our
attempts to be freindly, Any ideas/help/advice would be appreciated

TIA

BTW thanks for all the help given last year when I had to dig up and move
the pear tree, it is now planted i the groud and is covered in tiny fruit