Old 25-05-2007, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default installng fence panels / moved pear tree

"NikV" wrote in message
this difficult?

Dig all the post holes then, starting at one end... Install one post. Fit
one panel. Install next post. Fill post hole. Install second panel,
repeat.

sorry I didn't explain very well - the concrete posts are already in
place - concreted in ....

When I saw a neighbour trying to do it on his own I grabbed my steps and
went and helped. Two of us did it easy :-))

Got any neighbours to help?

Have you already bought your 6 x 6 panels? If not, buy 6 x 3 and put two in.
Two reasons, easier to replace 'half' a panel if required, also, if you are
in a windy area, you will find a 6 x 6 panel will flex and blow out :-((.
I took a group of people on a coach trip somewhere and a complete set of
panels, about 10 of them had blown out and smashed :-((

Already got them? Buy some strips of wood say 12 mm x 25 mm x 6ft and fix
them horizontally where a couple of 3 fts would join as previously
mentioned. This strengthens the middle and stops it flexing and blowing out
:-)) No not my idea, but what another neighbour has done because we live in
a windy area :-))

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk