Old 26-05-2007, 05:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Dave Dave is offline

Default Fear of Eating by Paul Krugman

"Bill Rose" wrote in message
In article .com,
told2b wrote:

On May 25, 12:36�pm, Bill Rose wrote:

Snip.

Earlier this month the administration named, you guessed it, a ³food
safety czar.² But the food safety crisis isn¹t caused by the
arrangement
of the boxes on the organization chart. It¹s caused by the dominance
within our government of a literally sickening ideology.

Bon Appétit,

- Bill

This does not belong here, but it was a good read.

Why is this damn font so small?

This article does belong here because it is the very reason why so many
of us grow as much of our own food as we can. We have no faith in the
government to protect our health.

- Bill
Coloribus gustibus non disputatum (damn type)

A year ago, I bought something called "wheat bread" at local grocery store.
It was sliced like bread, kinda tasted like bread. Was less expensive than
other breads. My house is a single person dwelling. I ate half the loaf in
a couple of days. Left the remainder in its original plastic bag on top of
the refrigerator. Forgot about it. 2 weeks later, I decided to make a tuna
fish sandwich. I reached for the "wheat bread" expecting major mold or
something hard as a rock, or both. What I found was a few slices that were
getting little firm but not hard. No mold. That scared me. So, I threw
away the "wheat bread". I made a comment to my sister that I won't need any
additional preservation for my casket after death. The food I'm eating is
already doing that.
Dave