Old 26-05-2007, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Pre Composting Shredded Paper.

On Fri, 25 May 2007 18:04:46 +0100, steve auvache
wrote:

I have long since turned the back garden into a veggie plot and am in
the process of remaking the front into wild flowers so not a grass
clipping in sight. Tbh I don't get that much waste out of it all these
days and I view the paper as a real bonus.

Can you scrounge lawn-mowings from non-composting neighbours? The
paper will not rot down easily and quickly unless it has moist
nitrogenous material added. You will find it soon compacts down once
wet, and you can add more shreddings to the heap/bin as it does so.

Pam in Bristol