Old 26-05-2007, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
steve auvache steve auvache is offline

Default Pre Composting Shredded Paper.

In article , Anne Jackson
writes

Mind you, you're such a crotchetty old bugger, your neighbours probably
don't speak to you... G

Oddly enough and here is one for the budding psychologists among you:
since all the fences blew down in that last wind, we have all become
very buddy buddy and friendly whereas before it was a nod and a grunt on
the way to the car in the morning if you were lucky.

I approve of my new fenceless environment, and so do my apples. Enough
in fact that I was talking to him next door (who is SSW by S of me) the
other day and suggested; as/if supplies become available again, if he
replaced his fence with something 4 foot shorter I would train my apples
along the top in such a way as some would hang over his side which he
would be more than welcome to. As proof of concept I showed him the
enormous (exceptional in fact) amount of potential fruit hanging from
them this year. He seemed like he might be compliant.

--
steve auvache
A Bloo one with built in safety features