Old 26-05-2007, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Capt. Beefheart Capt. Beefheart is offline

Default A potato question.

Hello, I have bought a tub potato kit from Dobies & followed the
instructions to the letter. It's my first time with spuds. My seed spuds
have sprouted on the window sill & i have placed them in the tubs & covered
them with soil as instructed. They have now sprouted leaves above the soil.
My question is: How big do i let the leaves grow before i cover them with
soil again? At the moment i have little clusters of leaves with the leaves
being about the size of a 2p piece. Do i fertilize them yet & if so what
with & how often?
Thank-you for your advice.
Regards,
Beefheart.