Old 26-05-2007, 10:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default cauliflower rebirth??

jbclem wrote:
After I cut off the cauliflower "fruit", is there any reason to keep the plant and wait for more cauliflower babies to
grow...will this plant send up new shoots/branches that will eventually produce more fruit?

jc

It is has been my experience that cauliflower does not put up new
shoots/branches so I take the whole plant out when the head is
harvested. Broccoli, on the other hand, will readily produce side shoots
with small heads so I leave them for the whole season and re-harvest. YMMV

George