Old 27-05-2007, 03:45 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Red spider mites on minature roses

On Sat, 26 May 2007 13:51:31 -0500, zxcvbob
wrote:

I have a rather extensive collection of old bottles of pesticides, but
I'm out of Kelthane. :-( Also, I think "Black Leaf 40" (nicotine
sulfate) is not approved for roses.

What other insecticides are *effective* against mites? Some are listed
but don't work very well because mites are not insects. How about
horticultural oil? I have a bottle of dormant oil spray that I can mix
half-strength for a summer oil spray... Will that work? Thanks.

Bob

Mites can be a challenge and it helps to understand their lifecycle.
Apply different kinds of miticide spray every 4-5 days (preferably in
the morning) for effective control. A good magnifying glass will help
monitor the progress.