Old 27-05-2007, 01:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Someone do a rain dance, please

"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" wrote in
6.121:

Pambo forced FragileWarrior to
post this at: rec.gardens:

We haven't had any appreciable amount of rain this month. My
seedlings are this - | - high and staying there. The ground is so
hard I have to use a pickaxe to transplant stuff. I'm watching the
forecasts but the promised weekend rain looks to be getting less and
less likely. Someone do a rain dance or tell me how to do one. I'm
thinking that our Black Spring is going to be followed by a Toasty
Brown Summer.

It's raining here. It started yesterday and should continue today.
It been a nice slow drizzle so I couldn't be happier. Black Spring
really sucked. Some things are not going to bloom this year and
everything is about 2 weeks off it's regular schedule. OTOH, the
Japanese maple has made it okay and almost everything has bounced
back, except the blooms. I had one, count it, one peony blossom this
year. Jury is still out on the magnolia tree.

Michael

It's raining just enough now that artifact hunting means 20# of good
Indian clay hanging off each boot. I'm going to have thighs like Wyle
Coyote after a mega-dose of Acme vitamins.