Old 27-05-2007, 03:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default roundup in the yard and garden

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" wrote in message
.121...
Pambo forced "JoeSpareBedroom" to post this at:
rec.gardens:

The same twits who spray for every damned "weed" would probably also
have the biggest mouths if they discovered their drinking water was
measurably and dangerously contaminated. They probably blame everyone
but themselves. It's interesting that compared to 30-40 years ago,
homes and golf courses are now the primary point sources for the
majority of groundwater pollution. These are big words and
inconvenient concepts, though, so it's hard for twits to even think
about them.

I'm not sure who or what you are responding to. Are you accusing me of
being a twit that sprays for every weed?

Michael

I know you contribute a lot of intelligent commentary, especially in the
food NG, but in this one regard (chemicals), you are being a twit. Sorry,
Michael. It's a cop out to say "I just use a small amount of chemicals". As
I mentioned above, homeowners are one of the two largest sources of
groundwater pollution. That's bad, and there is no room to debate it. Your
kitchen is yours to spend a fortune on. But outdoors, the things you do
don't stay on your property.