Old 27-05-2007, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Biennials

"K" wrote in message
"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" writes

I thought Christopher Lloyd did not like lupins-I remembering him saying
they flower briefly and then don't do much other than attract greenfly:-)
My sister grows lupins(biennial/perennial) from seed very early and gets a
late flush of flowers the same year.

Whereabouts is she gardening?

They then get composted unless there is
any particular star performer. She seems to avoid the dreaded greenfly
problem by this method.

--
Kay

She is only a short distance from me but her garden is in an area called
"The Dell" which has the local reputation of being one of the best areas to
have a garden around here. All her plants are many weeks in advance of mine.
The Lupins are sown very early and grown on in the greenhouse, so I suppose
that is cheating a bit:-)