Old 27-05-2007, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters CWatters is offline

Default Destructive tree-cutters & electricity wires.

"Eddy Bentley" wrote in message
Maybe there's something that somebody will say that could be of help in
the following situation.

Just a metre beyond the boundary of my garden is pole with an electrical
transformer on it, i.e. a large grey box up near the top.

I heard there are EEC grants available for burying electric cables. Someone
told me that village councils have managed to get grants to have cables
burried. Apparently there are no similar grants for phone lines so if the
poles are shared then it's too expensive....at least that's what I've heard.