Old 27-05-2007, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Destructive tree-cutters & electricity wires.

On Sun, 27 May 2007 Eddy Bentley wrote:

Maybe there's something that somebody will say that could be of help in
the following situation.

Just a metre beyond the boundary of my garden is pole with an electrical
transformer on it, i.e. a large grey box up near the top. From this
pole wires goes off in three directions. There are the three wires that
bring the current to the box, three wires that then cross my garden to
to provide electricity to my neighbour, and one thick cable that brings
the power to the side of my house. So, a lot of ugly wires all meet in
the vicinity of this ugly pole. Previous owners of this property have
sought to minimise the ugliness by planting leylandii along the boundary
so that the pole is less visible from the house and garden. But every
year, without fail, we get out the ladders and clip off new growth so
that there are no branches within one metre of the pole or within one
metre of any of the wires and the cable.

No, I don't think I can. I have exactly the same situation actually on
my property in Normandy only the wires concerned medium-high tension and
cross my field. I don't get any rent from EDF and I have to make sure
that nothing grows too close to the wires. If it does they have the
right to come and cut it back - and they do!

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK