Old 27-05-2007, 11:53 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Kyle Boatright Kyle Boatright is offline

Default dry lawn

I'm in Atlanta and have the same issue, although my yard isn't as big as yours. I was out flying yesterday in the North Georgia/East TN/SW N. Carolina area and can tell you that I've never seen so many brown yards and fields as I saw during yesterday's flight. It is VERY dry...

My suggestion is to raise your mowing height to the top of the acceptable range for your fescue, but continue cutting every week. When you do water, water deeply - don't just dampen the soil, soak it.

Oh yeah. And hope for rain.

KB

"larry d" wrote in message ...
I live in TN. and we are in arrears 8 inches of rainfall. I have watered
once about a week ago and am concerned about weekly mowing. Will this
just stress the lawn more?? We have an acre of lawn and clay soil.
Watering extensively is too costly. Welcome any thoughts, thanks.

{}s, Larry