Old 27-05-2007, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default me garden shed roof is leaking :-(

I think that is obvious that the felt was not put on the roof correctly in
the first place and we have made it worse by trying to nail it down flatter,
I can see that now. Thank you all very much for the good advice, I have some
duct tape so could use that until I am able to get to a DIY store and then I
will know what I am looking for.

thanks all again

kate
------------------------

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Kate Morgan" wrote ...
The shed is only a few months old and this is the second time it has
leaked badly, it has roof felt on it and my OH put lots more nails in
the joins and then painted some sealant on there but it has happened
again, not quite so bad but bad enough. Does anyone know of a really good
sealant that we could perhaps paint the whole to with or any other
brainwaves please

Roofing felt should not be nailed, that defeats the purpose of it, it
should be stuck down with the correct bitumen paint.

Very messy, you will need strong gloves and an old (disposable) paint
brush and something to spread it with like a trowel and possibly some old
disposable clothes too if you are as messy as me. When you have stuck felt
on both sides cut a good width to go over the ridge and the two sides and
stick that down too. Should last years.

--
Regards
Bob H