Old 27-05-2007, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Biennials

Peter Sutton writes

C Lloyd did grow Lupins, but because you can't do anything with them
afterwards, he grew them as biennials then composted them. He sowed them in
autumn so they would flower early the next year. I wish them to flower early
too, as I have a shortage of good early flowering plants and a surplus of
good late flowering plants. I appreciate they don't flower for that long, so
would be grateful of any suggestions of other early flowering biennials.

Wallflowers ;-)

A lot of annuals can be sown in August or September for early flowers -
would that be an alternative?
--
Kay