Old 27-05-2007, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cliff_the_gardener cliff_the_gardener is offline

Default Chelsea coverage by the BBC

On 27 May, 13:41, "JennyC" wrote:
There's probably been a thread about this, but I can't find it...

I've been catching up with the progs I taped of the evening coverage of the
show.....

Were as many of you as disappointed as I was??

Jenny
I share your dissapointment. Whilst I liked Carol's slot, what
irritated me was the return to the same gardens all the time. I was
left wondering if there where any other stands other than clematis,
carnivourous plants, large stand from the west indies and roses. And
the only gardens are the main show gardens. I know the BBC gives the
RHS a wad of cash for all this - which is why they did the Garden's
through Time at Harlow Carr and now the GQT northern garden (not
because the RHS is interested for it has stopped all the seed trials,
Sweet pea trials etc that the Northern Horticultural Society ran for
years)

Fortunately on www.flickr.com Yahoo's other photo posting site, people
have posted their pics of Chelsea and I found it infinately better
than the tv coverage.
My favourite garden was the one by the Japanese gardener who used the
moss balls on the wall. (which on TV turned into a trip to Paris -
very interesting, worthy of a Gardeners World slot, I want to watch
Chelsea not go on a jolly to see.....blood pressure rising - back to
the gardening)

So I wonder - are the BBC not allowed to show us everything, so that
there is something to go for?

Clifford
Bawtry, Doncaster, South Yorkshire