Old 28-05-2007, 01:15 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gareee© Gareee© is offline

Default Rubbermaid glue report: Forget Gorilla Glue

Ok, here's what I learned today:

Just when you think you remember that toilet wax not being "too bad" to mess
with, you use it again and hate the stuff.. LOL Sticky, and nasty.

Good news, it worked flawlessly, from what I can tell. No leaks at all, and
connects are solid.

Might need to add a 4" elbow and line down from the outlet on top.. the
accordion 4" drainage hose/pipe puts more weight on that top flange then I'd
like. idf I do, I'll put a 90 degree elbow on it, and then run the 4" pvc
down th efront, and then put another elbow on it to make it reach the pond
better.

Bad news, is the gorilla glue that looked liek it sealed the 3/4 inch pvc
water inlet didn't.when the rubbermaid filled, it buldged, the gorilla glue
let go, and had a big nasty leak there. that will have to attached
differently. Might look into that aquarium glue that's been mentioned. I
already have shoe goo and silicon sealer.. wonder if it's different from
those?

So I had partial success today. I think when building something liek this,
it's be much better to find something with thicker plastic then a rubbermaid
trash can,.. even the 50 gallon ones have thin walls for attaching fittings.

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)