Old 28-05-2007, 02:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Propane weed burner question

"John Bachman" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 May 2007 11:10:21 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

"Jack S" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I've got a rock "lawn" and I would like to quit using herbicide
for
killing weeds, and try scorching them instead.

There are a lot of weed / roofing torches on ebay and I was
wondering if there is anything to choose for or against in buying
one. The one I'm leaning toward getting says: "3000+
Fahrenheit" -
that's enough, right?

Here in Seattle, use of "weed burners" is illegal. FWIW.

Why?

Your guess is as good as mine. Fire hazard? Pollution?