Old 28-05-2007, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter Sutton Peter Sutton is offline

Default Biennials

C Lloyd did grow Lupins, but because you can't do anything with them
afterwards, he grew them as biennials then composted them. He sowed them

in
autumn so they would flower early the next year. I wish them to flower

early
too, as I have a shortage of good early flowering plants and a surplus of
good late flowering plants. I appreciate they don't flower for that long,

so
would be grateful of any suggestions of other early flowering biennials.

Wallflowers ;-)

A lot of annuals can be sown in August or September for early flowers -
would that be an alternative?
--

Thanks K. Am currently growing wallflowers for next year. I did try a number
of annuals last August, mentioned in CL's books. But they did not get very