Old 28-05-2007, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Chelsea coverage by the BBC

"K" wrote in message
Charlie Pridham writes

"K" wrote in message
cliff_the_gardener writes

You could say to people 'do you mean the pink one or the purple one?'
and then they'd think more than one was shown and they'd have to
describe it for you ;-)
--
Kay

Could, but when at plant sales I am trying to sell and invariably the plant
they want is not yet available except from certain outlets and with PBR
plastered all over it. Its easy enough when like a few years ago it was
"Josephine" which is a large pink double (although a few people described it
as a big purple double and were convinced they were right until shown its
picture and without the slightest embarrassment would say "Yes that's the
one"!, But when Raymond Evison decides to "Market" some clematis varieties
by calling them "Patio Clematis", "Prairie Clematis" or last years offering
" Festoon Clematis" we find that most people can't see that the plants are
exactly the same as before, just the name has changed! Its quite rare to be
able to buy a Chelsea introduction two years on and I expect its not just
clematis. But mustn't grumble at least Raymond's efforts make people think
about Clematis :~)
and as its one of the busiest weeks of the year I don't expect we would get
to see it even if it was great.
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk