Old 28-05-2007, 07:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
eddie rukidding eddie rukidding is offline

Default Please help identify! (0/1)

Attached are 2 pictures of an orchid that I have not be able to
identify.

Your assistance will help me figure out how to care for it as it seems
tall and thin. I do not think it is happy because, although it is in
bloom, it is trying to get a case of the mealy bugs which I have gone
after with insecticidal soap. It seems to want to only get new growth
a short distance under where it recently bloomed such that it seems to
always be trying to get taller (and more top heavy). The new growth
grows up but also puts out new roots high up on the plant.

Any help is appreciated - sorry for the crude descriptions but, if
this sounds like a newbie, you guessed it, I am.