Old 28-05-2007, 08:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default Someone do a rain dance, please

I wish that front would come on over then. The first of last week I watched
it rain all around our house, but not a drop touched our yard. The few
remaining plants & bushes I have (the ones the goats didn't get!) could
really use some help, not mention the hay & corn fields around here. Wheat
fields are loving it though.

My dad & grandpa(s) used to do that whenever he killed a snake in the yard.
Heard that saying all my life, don't remember if there's much truth to it
though.

My two year old would love your fake snake "remedy". We have plenty of hose
pipes and old water hoses he could use. You just gave me a great idea for a
new game to play with him outside when he gets back.

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
.. .
"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

good ole' north carolina - the southeast part of NC that is. we are
about 9 inches below normal for our immediate area in the rain-fall
department........

Oh dear. I thought they said some of this current slow moving front was
coming your way, no? Well, get a piece of hose, pretend it's a snake,
have
the whole family take a whack at it and hang it in a tree. Can't hurt
nuthin', at least.