Old 29-05-2007, 06:08 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Any weeds that you kind of like and let grow for a while?

On May 28, 9:52 pm, zxcvbob wrote:
For me, it's the johnny jump-ups trying to take over my vegetable
garden. I pull up a few that are unavoidably in the way, but mostly I
work around them -- at least until they've set seeds for next year.

When I first moved up here I thought violets were cute. I even dug a
few up from the lawn and put them in the flower beds! Little did I
realize how evil they are. Now I can't get rid of them.

Bob

Oh yeah, I like the JJU too. It's not really weedy here, 'cause when
the
blast furnace of summer starts, it's a goner.
I like violets and have some white, pink, small fragrant and large
purple.

Also I let creeping Veronica, V. repens, stay because butterfly larva
enjoy it. So they actually remove it for me by eating it.

The biggest weed I let stay around is Wooly Mullein, Verbascum
thapsus,
I love the huge leaves, and the neighbors all believe my story that
it's a
very expensive exotic plant!! Have to remember to remove the flower
stalk
before it sets seed........

Emilie
NorCal zone 8b