Old 29-05-2007, 05:14 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_11_] Reel McKoi[_11_] is offline

Default Down to three fish and today I think I figured out why

"Cyli" wrote in message

Netting is iffy. If you do netting, be sure that the hawk will be
easily able to see it. You don't want a dead hawk tangled in netting
in your pool.

My ponds have been netted with fine black bird netting for years. I never
found a bird of prey snagged in it. It's pulled tight about 18" over the
water. If they hit it at full speed they'd most likely get bounced back or
rip right through - depending how large they were and how hard they hit the
net. If we didn't net everything we wouldn't have one fish left.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.