Old 29-05-2007, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Unusual trees for a new park

In article ,
"Bob Hobden" writes:

| Albizia julibrissin.
|
| Silk Tree. Small tree with spreading crown to 5-12 m tall. Pink puff ball
| flowers.

Maybe. I have been trying for some years, and it dies back to the
ground every winter, and so has never started to grow.

| Cercis chinesis
| Chinese redbud. To 12ft tall, flowers well.

You could also try C. canadiensis.

| Ficus carica
| Fig. 3 - 9 m tall.

Grrk. In the open, it will be a small shrub, if it thrives. As with
some of the others, it's the lack of a summer that is its problem.

You could also try Halesia monticola and Maclura aurantica.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.