Old 29-05-2007, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Unusual trees for a new park

"Nick Maclaren" wrote
after "Bob Hobden" wrote:

| I had thought about a Wollemi Pine but they are expensive for their
size.
| However that puts me on another tack, how about ancient, prehistoric
tree
| species like the Wollemi?
| Suggestions please...

A female gingko.

Finding one may be a problem?

Interesting article in the Kew Magazine about their famous big Ginko near
the Princess of Wales Conservatory, supposed to be a male (actually two
joined together) but had fruit on one branch last year, turns out on
investigation that a branch from a female was grafted on decades ago and
forgotten about. So it's actually three trees joined together.

--
Regards
Bob H