Old 29-05-2007, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_2_] Alan Holmes[_2_] is offline

Default Nuts!

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from Sacha contains these
words:
On 26/5/07 20:23, in article ,
"Anne
Jackson" wrote:
The message from Sacha contains
these
words:

Our two almond trees, planted this spring, have a few nuts on them. I
tasted fresh almonds once only, in Crete and I'm hoping ours will
taste as
wonderful. Does anyone have experience of this or will they not ripen
in
English weather?

Given the super summers we've had for the past couple of years, you
never know.

You know the Greek for 'almond' don't you... amygdala! ;-)

No, I didn't know that! It was in Crete that I once and only tasted that
delicious milky flavour of ripe almonds. Never learned the name for
them,
though.

Yes, delicious aren't they...one of the many reasons why I chose it
for my e-mail address... my _actual_ address was another... ;-)

Nut?