Old 29-05-2007, 02:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Cheaper Lawn Fertiliser?

Steve wrote:
Can anybody suggest a source for lawn fertiliser at a sensible price?
Boxes of stuff like Evergreen are all very well, but I need at least 4
to feed my lawn just once and I can't help feeling that they are
overpriced.

I wondered about agricultural suppliers who may well do 25kg bags, but
I'm not sure what to ask for.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Steve

Go to an ag store and get something like 15-5-10 for a balanced
fertilizer, or 41-0-0 (agricultural grade urea) or 24-0-0 (ammonium
sulfate) for straight nitrogen. (be careful with straight nitrogen.)
Don't ask for 34-0-0 or they'll think you're a terrorist. It's usually
faster-acting than would be optimal for a lawn, so go light with it and
mulch your clippings so the lawn can recycle it.

Bob