Old 29-05-2007, 04:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default roundup in the yard and garden

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

1) The only way to know that a substance is safe is to test it by
purposely exposing people to it. You will not see that happen in your
lifetime, especially not with children. Therefore, it doesn't matter what
the USDA or any other agency thinks. None of these things can be
correctly tested.

You keep repeating this so often, I'll bet you thought it up yourself.

The Clinton administration did place a moratorium on voluntary human
pesticide testing in 1998. But you're saying they are not allowed to use
the data collected from accidental exposures?

Bob

Accidental exposures do not equal controlled tests, and certainly not in
large enough numbers to impress any real scientist.

As far as moratoriums, I don't think that's the issue as much as this:
You've probably seen newspaper ads asking for volunteers to test new
medicines. What if you saw an ad involving a new pesticide? Now, how would
you describe any person who volunteered to be dosed with pesticides? Give me
some adjectives, or elaborate descriptions?