Old 30-03-2003, 02:32 AM
Laura Stanley

Default Shade Rose

I guess I don't understand your question; are you asking where you can buy
Zephirine Drouhin roses or are you asking for gardeners' experiences with
them?

If you're asking where you can buy them, I checked their website and it
looks like Jackson and Perkins still has Zephirine Drouhin roses in stock. I
did a google search and came up with another site that sells them and
appears to still have them in stock:

http://www.heirloomroses.com/express...at=13&item=136

I have never ordered from this company before, so I don't know if it is any
good. Check the Plants By Mail FAQ before you buy.

You can also run your own google search on "Zephirine Drouhin rose" and
search through the results and you might find some more nurseries that have
them. (I don't have time now to look through all 667 results right now!)

I bought 3 Zephirine Drouhin roses from Wayside Gardens earlier this year.
They are growing strongly so far, but I won't be able to give you an opinion
of them for a couple of years. Mine are planted on a west-facing wall, so
they get morning shade/afternoon sun. Of course, my opinion is probably not
worth much to you anyway, since I am in NW Florida and have very different
climate/growing conditions!

Laura
USDA Zone 8b, NW FL

"Maggie4185" wrote in message
Anyone have a Zephirine Drouhin Antique Climbing Rose from Jackson

Perkins? It
is a rose for the shade that blooms all season. I am looking for such a

rose
for my garden here in Missouri - zone 5/6. Thanks!

Maggie