Old 29-05-2007, 07:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default roundup in the yard and garden

"Bill Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

Fools are the victims? Maybe victims of advertising, but that's about as
far
as you can stretch that idea. Michael has a choice to not use chemicals
in
his yard. Nobody's putting a gun to his head, except his partner, who's
got
issues with unimportant details.

Joe, how long you been gardening? How long have you lived with open
ground around you? Some people since before they can remember and some
people have just moved out of the projects.

Maybe you enjoyed doing other things before you learned the pleasures of
gardening. What ever it was, you didn't learn gardening from divine
revelation, you had to invest some time. We are all responsible for tons
of information that mostly eats up our time remembering where to find it
much less remembering what it is. If nothing else we all read at
different rates. So give Michael a break and help fast-track him to a
sane environment instead of ****ing him off at you and the row you
represent.

Unless you have a representative from Cargill or Monsanto in front of
you, don't stomp him. If you do, save some for me.

- Bill

I've been gardening for about 35 years. I digested news about chemicals for
several years before that. To me, there was never any connection between
gardening and chemicals. Although I think "Crockett's Victory Garden" is one
of the most useful books ever written for new gardeners, I was surprised to
see how often he suggested dousing things with chemicals.