Old 29-05-2007, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jeanne Stockdale Jeanne Stockdale is offline

Default Bark Chippings

I have one bed which is particularly difficult to maintain - it was
originally a grass bank and it is a continuous battle to keep the grass at
bay. So this year I have decided to put bark chippings down but have been
advised by a friend that I should put fertiliser down first as the chippings
will leech the nitrogen from the soil. Is this correct? (I am putting lots
of compost under the chippings)

Jeanne