Old 29-05-2007, 08:31 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default roundup in the yard and garden

"Ann" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" expounded:

I've been gardening for about 35 years. I digested news about chemicals
for
several years before that. To me, there was never any connection between
gardening and chemicals. Although I think "Crockett's Victory Garden" is
one
of the most useful books ever written for new gardeners, I was surprised
see how often he suggested dousing things with chemicals.

Jim Crockett's Victory Garden was my first vegetable gardening book,
but even back then I was reading Organic Gardening and Farming and
knew Jim's use of chemicals was a Bad Thing. Jim died of cancer at
age 64 (which is looking younger and younger every day to me!). Ya
gotta wonder......
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Yeah..I wonder about his death, too. I still use that book as my calendar.