Old 29-05-2007, 10:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
beecrofter beecrofter is offline

Default Cheaper Lawn Fertiliser?

On May 29, 9:22 am, Steve wrote:
Can anybody suggest a source for lawn fertiliser at a sensible price?
Boxes of stuff like Evergreen are all very well, but I need at least 4
to feed my lawn just once and I can't help feeling that they are
overpriced.

I wondered about agricultural suppliers who may well do 25kg bags, but
I'm not sure what to ask for.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Steve

cut your fertillizer input by 50% by using a sharp blade and returning
the clippings to the turf.
If you are interested in saving further then do a soil test, adjust
your pH and apply only what is needed.