Old 30-05-2007, 01:07 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default roundup in the yard and garden

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" wrote in message
6.121...
Charlie was forced to post this in: rec.gardens

Nah... you're alright. For a violet-hater. ;-)

LOL... I think they are a nuisance. I'll give 'em this. They are really
nice when in bloom.

Sounds like you might be from my part of the country, at least you
referenced Mo Botanical Gardens. Relax, I greatly value my privacy
and regionality is about as far as it goes.

I'm not real picky about people knowing my location. I live in the St.
Louis area.

Anyhows, a little poke in the eye and banging on pots keeps us all
entertained and learning. Thats how things have always worked in my
family, everyone has the freedom to scream and yell and vent. After
the dust settles, we find we have come to some sort of agreement that
is equitable for all involved.

I really agree with this. During a heated debate sometimes I have to take
pause and seriously listen to what the other people around me are saying.
tend to be stubborn and sometimes need to be called to task now and then.
My SO has always said I'm a handful.

Just a handful? Tell him I'm sorry for him.

I made a funny.

It's the same in ever ng I post in. So far I don't think I've seen any
zealots here. There were 3 of you that really went after the Roundup
issue
and I'm going to research it more. In the meantime I'll dig up all the
violets and send 'em to Fragile Warrior

Michael

You can't research these products. There is no data. In order to test things
like this, you need hundreds or thousands of people to volunteer to be dosed
with chemicals. Now, think hard. If Monsanto or Dow somehow came up with
that many volunteers, what kinds of people do you think they might be, and
how would that affect the research?