Old 30-05-2007, 12:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
cloud dreamer[_3_] cloud dreamer[_3_] is offline

Default Please give advice on Blueberries

gardens.rec wrote:
I planted three 4 inch blueberry plants last month. The plants have
doubled in size but the leaves have gone from bright glossy green to a
mix of yellow and yellowish green. Is this normal or is the plant
signaling that I need to give it some sort of nutrients.

Blueberries require an acidic soil with a pH range of 4.2 to 5.0. They
can be finicky about the soil being too sweet. I'm surrounded by two
acres of wild blueberries and they have yet to encroached onto my limed
lawn.

..

Zone 5b in Canada's Far East.

--