Old 30-05-2007, 12:20 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
[email protected] Ka30P@aol.com is offline

Default no toads again :(

Yet another spring has come with no toads making babies in my pond. *What
do I have to do to get some?

You've had them before?
If so, and they are not coming back, what has
changed in, and around your pond, that may
be putting them off?

You can always try and adopt some eggs from
a local pond. The Fish and Wildlife people, in my
state, told me they don't mind adoption of a few
critters for a home pond.

Probably too late this year but you might check with
some high school biology teachers next year. Some
classes make a project of getting out and mucking
around in a local pond or waterway. That might be
an option.

k :-)