Old 30-05-2007, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rhiannon S Rhiannon S is offline

Default Unusual trees for a new park

"Rod" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 29 May, 22:44, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"John McMillan" wrote

"Bob Hobden" wrote:

Aesculus pavia "Briotii".

Red Buckeye (also var. flavescens, yellow flowered form) Small

tree to
5 - 8m tall. Red Horse Chestnut type flowers.

Aesculus Indica?
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/parmar/02.html

I have three seedlings if you'd like one.

Would love one thanks, but how to get it here?

--
Regards
Bob H (hobdens at btinternetdotcom)

I see nobody's mentioned Dawn Redwood, not esp. rare or unusual but
lovely tree at any time of the year, reasonably fast growing and
there's the fascinating story to tell of it's rediscovery.

Sorry for piggybacking, but I've lost the original post.

My suggestions would be for a Monkey Puzzle Trees (I know they aren't that
rare, but I happen to like monkey puzzle trees and think there should be
more of them) and japanese cherry trees (Prunus serrulata and varients)
which are so gorgeous in spring.

--
Rhiannon_s
Due to it's large carbon footprint the light at the end of the tunnel has