Old 30-05-2007, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve Wolstenholme Steve Wolstenholme is offline

Default Can I make my own strimmer blades?

On 30 May 2007 05:02:54 -0700, wrote:

Late last year I picked up a Bosch Accutrim cordless electric
strimmer.

However rather than using a line to cut, it has "blades" that clip on.
Fine...apart from the fact I get no more than about 5 metres and it
wears out and needs replacing. Replacements aren't cheap, not to
mention the inconvenience of having to change them every couple of
minutes. Quite clearly, it was designed this way to squeeze money out
of the consumer!

I've been thinking though: is there any reason these things are
designed to snap, and could I make one out of something a bit more
durable? Anyone got any advice to offer on this?

Typical Bosche! They will probably justify snapping as a safety
feature but it makes the strimmer ridiculously expensive to run.

You could make your own but the real fix is get a strimmer with a
cord.

Steve