Old 30-05-2007, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] keiron99@googlemail.com is offline

Default Can I make my own strimmer blades?

On 30 May, 13:26, Steve Wolstenholme
wrote:

Typical Bosche! They will probably justify snapping as a safety
feature but it makes the strimmer ridiculously expensive to run.

Safety is clearly secondary - there is no safety catch on this. You
naturally pick it up by the handle, and can't avoid pulling the
trigger. I keep it away from the wife and kids for that reason. I'm
staggered it passed the relevant safety tests.

You could make your own but the real fix is get a strimmer with a
cord.

I would have got one with a cord. I had a B&D which unfortunately
failed within its guarantee, the shop only had this dreadful Bosch as
a replacement.

That said, why is the cord snapping considered a safety feature? They
just auto-feed anyway so will keep on merrily hacking away at whatever
may be in its path!