Old 30-03-2003, 02:32 AM
Polar

Default Buy outdoor grown azaleas?

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 22:24:54 -0800, Polar
wrote:

After I bought an azalea at Nursery "A", I passed by Nursery
"B" run by Japanese. Saw a lot of azaleas sitting out. Asked the
young man about them. He said their azaleas are grown outdoors, and
not "forced", like the one I just bought. Therefore their blooming
cycle is more natural. Whereas the greenhouse-grown ones are full of
blooms when they arrive at the nursery,but then they abruptly lose hem
all and it's quite a while till they bloom again.

What do people think of this explanation?

Thanks to all for validating nursery guy's explanation.

I'll cut the plant a little slack, since I did transplant it in a very
good home-made mixture, but if it doesn't produce next season, out,
out, out.

--
Polar