Old 30-05-2007, 04:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default roundup in the yard and garden

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" wrote in message
6.121...
"JoeSpareBedroom" was forced to post this in:
rec.gardens

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" wrote in message
6.121...
"JoeSpareBedroom" was forced to post this
in: rec.gardens

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" wrote in message
6.121...

I use home made concoctions to get rid of mites etc.
that I've learned from my neighbors.

Try blending onions & garlic with water (1 gallon water, 4 onions,
and all the cloves from a head of garlic). Put it in a bottle, stick
it in the garage, and forget about it for a year. Not only will it
repel any bug including Japanese beetles, it will cause car to
swerve away from your property. Nasty stuff. Perfect!

Well I can do that. You *know* I've always got onion and garlic
laying around. I've also got a bunch of those gallon sized spray
bottles around with home made stuff which is all labeled. I'll give
it a try.

Michael

It might work when it's fresh, but I'm *sure* it works after getting
really disgusting for a year. Be sure to filter it, obviously. First
through a regular kitchen strainer, then through coffee filters, which
can take forever.

Maybe I'll use the ripe stuff as mouthwash when unannounced drop in guests
come by.

Michael

Oh....those kinds of guests....