Old 30-05-2007, 05:02 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Home Gardening Becomes Even More Imperative

In article 1,
"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" wrote:

Charlie was forced to post this in: rec.gardens

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/05/27/1485/

Excerpt from article:

"Almost a quarter of this year’s US corn crop is expected to be turned into
fuel. Drought in Australia has added to the food prices spike, which is
feeding through to world inflation."

I swear to Gawd I'd be much happier if we went back to the horse and buggy
days.

Michael

But it still takes "fuel" to feed the horse. G

Can't win can we?

Wonder what the mpb (mile per bushel) for horses is?

I still don't understand why biofuel is being manufactured from food
instead of waste! There are tons and tons of weeds and corn STALKS that
can be used instead. Wheat straw, millet, milo and sorghum straw (hell
any stalks left over from ANY grain crops) as well as the non-edible
tops from root crops.

All it really takes is digestible cellulose.

What am I missing here?

A bit of BS perhaps?

Speaking of BS, methane can also be compressed and used as a liquid fuel
and heaven knows there is enough sh** being produced!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.