Old 30-05-2007, 02:25 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Auto Tech Auto Tech is offline

Default Dealing on a new riding mower.

On May 30, 4:37 am, Steveo wrote:
Auto Tech wrote:
First off most of the brands out there are all made by MTD ""Michigan
Tool and Die""

Wouldn't that be Modern Tool and Die-MTD?

I am afraid not. It was Michigan tool and die. They make a good
small yard machine but not a heavy use machine and that includes the
Cub Cadet and lawn chief and ace hardware machines and many sears
units and white machines and many more. The one machine we saw the
most of in a the shop was MTD because the shop was in the catskills of
NY and people thought they could take that type of machine andm mow
acres and acres of lawns and often broke many parts. My favorite lawn
machines are simplicity ""All steel and heavy duty"" Scags and walsh
and great dane. The one engine I would love to have on a machine is
a Koehler Briggs and stratton is a good engine but Koehler is tops.